Today was an intense day. It was a day that started with a simple, yet highly inspirational, email from a dear friend on his way into town this coming weekend. It was followed by an intense day of work, then a mid-term for school (which I think was successful!) and then a meeting for my new business adventure. I drove out to meet the founder and another of his core team members for a 9:30pm meeting! What an inspiring meeting that was, my brain is on fire, even though I’m tired from the rest of my day (well week really!). This business adventure is, if nothing else, going to be an experience for me that will most certainly expand my tool kit. This excites me! As I started my drive home, I thought this was surely my moment to share today, but it was trumped. (And yet I snuck it in!)
The moment that brought me the biggest moment of my day was the phone call on my 30 minute drive home. I called my girl from the North (I am officially going to dub her HAWK, as I believe this is one of her totems. I’m sure she will correct me if I’m wrong, but after reading this summary of HAWK as totem, I think it fits her well.)
Hawk was entertaining guests. I knew she had guests. I expected a short and sweet call. What I didn’t expect was the outpouring of love. From her and from her “boy-next-door” friend. Although short and sweet, the moment filled me with love and joy for my best friend. I was delighted to hear her so happy and so giddy. (She too had a rough week last week!) And, even 230km away, I felt I was right there with her.
Amazing really.
Moments of inspiration, of love and of joy. All in one day. I AM FORTUNATE!
And now that my exam is over, I can think beyond today. The weekend is coming. I have a friend coming in from out of town. I’m further inspired, filled with love and joy for those moments to come. I am ready to learn how to fly.
Moments to be inspired.
Moments being filled with love and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment