Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moments D429: Graduation Day

Today I left work at lunch.  A planned half vacation day because today was my niece's graduation from high school.  I have been a part most if not all of this lovely young ladies milestones in the past18 years.    This certainly was not one I was going to miss just because it fell on a work day.
My niece was nervous... she kept talking about tripping up the stairs.  We all assured her that that would not phappen.
Watching her prep and preen....I felt the proud aunt. Dropping her off at her friends and experience not to be missed. She was radiant.  She was ready to leave high school behind.
Well the graduation itself was a bit painful in that it was long and the arena without air conditioning was stinking hot and humid, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. As my niece crossed the stage, I let out one of my piercing whistles that did not end until she was no longer on the stage. So focused was I on cheering her on that I actually didn't get a spectacular photo of her in her moment. But I know that she knew where that with was coming from and honestly that's all that mattered.
I am so very proud of my niece she has grown into a beautiful, kind, intelligent young lady.  I find myself excited for her and her new adult life ahead of her and I can't help but reflect upon my own. Here we are two souls separated by 21 years and yet we find ourselves both starting new paths. 
Before I said goodnight to her and went on my way home,she hugged me close and asked me to fill her in on my fun weekend coming.  Of course I would...I told her.   New adventures await us both.
Moments celebrating milestones.
Moments celebrating your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment