Today was an incredibly productive day that ended in a concert with my BFF with the Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty. An incredible show, with a plastic guitar filled with white wine. But this is not my special moment of the day, as amazing as it was.
No, today's moment is a simple one. My partner in crime at work picked a bouquet of lilac flowers for one of the graphic designers on our team as it was her birthday. The smell of lilacs filled our dark, crowded office. Their sweetness brightened up the room considerable. It was incredible how such a small bunch of flowers shifted the room. When I left the office and then returned, I noticed that I was taking in a deep breath as I walked across the room to my desk.
Ah, the sweet smell of lilacs.
Moments of simplicity.
Moments enjoying the flowers of the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment