Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Moments D414: Statler and Waldorf

Today was busy day from the start with one final (marathon) meeting before the big trade show. The good news: we are near ready. The news bringing anxiety, we are only days away and there is yet much to produce.

And, as you may recall, my team and I have been displaced due to an office fire. As such we are all working together in very tight quarters. There is little privacy (actually I don’t think there is any privacy come to think of it!) and we are, at times communicating to one another out loud for all to hear. It’s been an interesting dynamic and it has certainly pulled us closer as a team. (And we now better understand musical preferences and the value of earphones, but I digress!)

In the room (which I like to call the war room as we are nearly all sitting around one big table) my CD and I are situated at what has been lovingly labelled “the head of the class”. (In some ways it does feel that way, especially when I have an apple on my side and my CD has a ruler on his!) In other moments, like today, we were lovingly labelled “Statler & Waldorf.”

Now, if you don’t know Statler & Waldorf, they are muppets who heckle from their balcony seats. The funniest thing: They are a bit grumpy and grouchy about their heckles and they laugh furiously at their own jokes. And, while my CD and I are not old men, nor are we grumpy or grouchy, we do have many a quip for the team during a day and boy oh boy do we laugh heartily at our own jokes.

So yes - that comparison made me laugh. It makes me smile now even as I share the moment. I loved it in that moment and I love it now. Knowing that we can make the team smile and laugh and we can laugh at ourselves is priceless.

Further, it reminds me, yet again, at what a great team I’m on and I am grateful for all the moments I work with them. Their words, insights and silliness are what makes the day an enjoyable day. Today, I am thankful for the label and the smile!

Moments being labelled.

Moments of pure, unadulterated laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment