Happy summer to each of you! Today is the longest day of the year and it marks the beginning of summer. It also, for me, marks the beginning of a new perspective on life. Today's moment is two-fold for me. The first a very deep and personal shift. The second, spending the evening on the beach, playing volleyball on the longest day of the year while watching the sunset and the near-full moon rise. Stunning. Could it have been more perfect?
It's funny how quickly things can shift. I find, it's even more significant when those shifts happen to occur on significant dates. Today a shift on the solstice and near-full moon. Damn. Now that is intense!
Why the shift? I'm not sure. I've reflected upon this question without finding a true answer. Part of the answer is that it really is time to celebrate me and my deepest needs. Without a doubt, I've been avoiding this due to circumstance and simple fear. When you hear of death (and there have been a few this past week, far from me, but close to my friends), it shakes you. It's not in my personal circle, but it still shakes you to see how it affects your friends. This had me stop to think about how short life is and how (again) every day much be celebrated. WHY ON EARTH was I living in fear? WHAT was holding me back?
The answer was simple. *I* was holding me back.
It is time to let go of the fear, time to full be in the moment and plan my future. Come what may, I want to find a reciprocated love. I want to share my deepest self. Today the season changed and this deep, life-altering change happened within me. I am ready. Throwing caution to the wind, I opened myself up a little more deeply to the signs around me. I have opened myself to embarking on a new path. A path I have previously run from for fear of the unknown. One that now is in my sights and is fully illuminated (and believe me, the pun here (being the longest day of the year) is not lost on me!). This a path that brings me much joy and hope. A path brings a flutter to me that I haven't felt in a long time. Come what may, this summer is going to be the experience of a lifetime for me. For me, it begins today.
Moments celebrating the summer solstice and the rising moon.
Moments allowing the flood of sunshine and moonlight to find me and give me the courage to celebrate my deepest inner-self.


No comments:
Post a Comment