As I drove over the Burlington skyway today, I was surprised to see four tall ships in Lake Ontario. It was incredible! There they were, peeking out of the fog, like a movie set.
I couldn't help but watch them as I passed over the skyway. (Carefully of course, after all I was driving!) Why were these beauties here? I have seen the tall ships before, up close and personal in a marina somewhere in Southern Ontario (I can't remember.....I'm no longer a young pup!). As awe inspired as I was years ago up close and personal, I found myself now awe inspired from afar. I had never seen them "out and about" before, only docked. And here they were. All four of them trekking through the lake. So lovely. Lovely enough to pause and watch....if I had the time.
But, I was on a timeline to the Buffalo airport. My long, long weekend has officially begun. This sweet inspiring surprise only reminds me just how many more surprises are (likely) in store for me this coming weekend. I am ready. It's time to fly.
Moments of surprise.
Moments of remembering first encounters, and enjoying the beauty of a second encounter.
No comments:
Post a Comment