Today, another morning in the fog. Not a good omen to start the day, and yet, beautiful once again.
The day wasn’t an easy one, but it was better than yesterday. So, that’s a start and I’m grateful for that.
Today is volleyball day. (Each Thursday is for the next little while….) I had two of my best friends suggest they come and watch me play tonight. I was thrilled! So I gave them directions and fought through my (less) challenging day.
As I arrived at the high school we play at, I realized something was wrong as the doors we typically use were locked! Fortunately the front doors to the school were open, but flooded with students. Apparently it was DANCE night!
OH NO!
So I texted my friends who were coming a little later to give them updated instructions. Ha. Good move I thought, right? Sure, if there was service in the gym. But I didn’t notice that until I checked my phone for messages after my first game! DOH!! Yes, that’s just the way my week has been going.
After re-sending the text I started playing the second game and crossed my fingers that they could navigate their way through the teenage crowd.
Nearly an hour and 20 min later and they walked in the door….and with it the biggest smile of the day! We were JUST about to start our next match, so I ran over and gave them not-quite-big-hugs (I was glistening a little too much for one of the real hugs!). They watched for the next hour (three games). It was really wonderful to have them there.
And then, it got better. We went for a Chinese dinner. One of the couple is a new Canadian, but tonight, we celebrated his American thanksgiving with CHINESE! We had so much food!!! I took a doggy bag home. I think my car still smells of Chinese food.
It was a great way to end the day. I’m so fortunate to have such great people in my life. It washes away the toils of the mundane.
Moments with food & friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment