I love the moon. I have always felt a connection with the moon. Tonight I had a glorious moment with the moon.
I was on my way home from disappointing evening of volleyball. (It’s not that the girls I played with were disappointing - we split our games, but we were short bodies and that makes it challenging to play a good, fun game. It’s messy volleyball at best.) One could not miss the moon. It was, in my opinion, spectacular.
The moon was mid-rise and nestled amoungst the city skyline. It was waning and likely only 70-80% visible. (Quite similar to this photograph.) Even without being full, it was majestic in the night sky. A fireball of orange wisping in and out of the buildings as I drove home. It was fascinating to me and all woes of the week prior, for that moment, were forgotten.
I smiled and soaked it in for as long as I could keep the moon in my sights.
Moments without distraction.
Moments focused with nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment