Today was the BMO volleyball tournament. What an incredible 6 hours of volleyball, the level of play was amazing and better yet, we had a lot of fun playing.
I suppose it helps that we won 4 out of 5 games in the round robin.
I suppose it helps that we won our semi-finals.
But I don’t think that was the main reason it was so much fun. We were good, but we were supportive and laughing and playing like a real team. That’s what made it fun.
We lost the final game, but it was a fierce match. It could have gone either way. We ended up 2nd, but I think we were all happy to lose to a game that was back-and-forth as it was. We lost the first game of the set, came back to win the second game and then lost, within a time restricted game (only 8 minutes left to play). So very close. So very, very close!
Today’s smile for me was when, after the tournament was over. One of the refs actually came over to shake my hand and congratulate me on a great“pancake” during the set of games. Indeed, I was pretty pleased that I managed to get to the ball as well and that moment won us a point, but having someone, a ref no less, come to you to note it and comment on it. Big smiles all around.
Moments of volleyball.
Moments with great sportsmanship.
And in case you were wondering what a pancaked ball looks like:

No comments:
Post a Comment