Thursday, November 8, 2012

Moments D197: Veterans

Today I had two moments before I even made it into work. The first was as I was getting into my car. A lovely older (likely retired!) gentleman was just getting out of his car to have a round of tennis with his mates. Given that there was frost on my car, I had to smile. These guys were hard core! As he walked away from the cars, he turned back and said “Have a great day!”. I couldn't help but smile as I returned the warm thought back.

Then as I drove to work I noticed a sign in front of one of the retirement residences.




It made me smile. How smart of the building/landlord to put up such a message in front of a retirement home. And it worked. I stopped and though of the vets that fought for us for the freedoms we enjoy today. And I smiled.

Two warm smiles before the day began. I suppose that’s a sign of a good day to come?

Moments with shared words.

Moments to remember those who fought for our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment