Today has been a terrible day. I kept hoping that there would be a moment that light away the darkness that descended upon me today. It just seemed like Mercury's retrograde was in full force on me today. Who knew that the best moment of my day would be early this morning and not something from later on in the day. I certainly didn't have a clue of what was to come today!
And so, as I sit and reflect upon this challenging day (on so many levels it hurts my head!), the moment I share with you is fog.
This morning, our fine city was blanketed in a fog. This doesn't happen very often, but this morning it was quite thick. So much so that my car was covered in moisture from its grasp.
I remember the morning clearly. I opened my front door and as the view came before me I smiled. I couldn't see the tennis courts across the street and I could barely see my car not steps away from me. Fog is a type of weather that I don't see often and yet, strangely, I've enjoyed its company a couple of times in the past week. (I drove in it on my way to my friends 3 hours away last weekend. THAT was fun driving in and out of the valleys on the back roads!) But I digress.....
The fog, while beautiful, comes with some negative symbology attached to it. Hidden obstacles, eerie moments (horror movie anyone?) and general sense of foreboding. Hmmm. Perhaps I should have paid better attention to the symbolism of the fog today instead of its beauty.
I found this summary of the symbolism of fog. It's pretty comprehensive and explains (better than I today) what I'm thinking in terms of fog's negative symbology. Enjoy.
Moments connect with nature.
Moments to move beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment