I am a very fortunate soul to have such a collection of wonderful people in my life. Today’s moment, however, is about the special women in my life. Those that have been with me through thick and thin. Laughter and tears. Darkness and sorrow as well as light and joy.
This past weekend, despite being filled with a couple of exciting fun activities, was a challenging one for me emotionally speaking. Through it all, I had these amazing women by my side helping me to find my strength and to help center myself.
This morning I awoke to a text from my bestie post sleepover at her place. Not only did she take good care of me yesterday/last night, she was not on her way to work, checking in on me and making sure I was okay for the morning ahead. It was soul warming to be sent warm thoughts & positive energy.
This moment was later followed up by a phone call with another bestie. She and I have been friends for (I hate to admit it) over a decade and approaching (quickly) decades. She & I caught up and she gave me some invaluable perspectives on the issue I find myself dealing with. She is brilliant at seeing some small angle that just bursts light onto an issue for me. And this morning was no different for me. The small point was this - “to let the concrete set”. I had poured a foundation and it was now time to let the concrete set. Yes. Simple. But brilliant.
Later this afternoon, my BFF & I went to the matinee of Cirque du Soleil’s -Amaluna. I simply love Cirque and I try to see all the shows that pass through. I very nearly missed this show due to the unsettled nature of my life. But my BFF, who, interestingly, has never seen a Cirque show, picked up two tickets a month or so back. She loved her first Cirque show and I was so very, VERY happy to have been there with her to experience this first. Another girlfriend moment smile.
Later this evening, while I was having a late lunch/early dinner, my bestie and rock in the North called and left me a message. Now this dear soul has had many issues on her own plate and yet she found the time to touch base with me and leave a message filled with love and support. I didn’t get the message until it was bedtime, but it warmed my heart and soul when I heard it.
Yes, I am fortunate to be surrounded by such beautiful, strong, intelligent women that I can call my best friends.
Even in my time of sadness, I have a smile in my heart for these women. I am grateful.
Moments of support.
Moments to appreciate your girlfriends.
No comments:
Post a Comment