Today was another day filled with fun and laughter. It’s like I nearly forgot just how good these peeps are. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I had forgotten how amazing these friends are, it’s just that it’s been too long since I last saw them. This weekend was such a breath of fresh air. It was exactly what I needed and I’m grateful we managed to find a weekend that worked within both of our very busy schedules. I am bound and determined to not let years pass before the next visit!
Today’s smile, however, comes to you via a the volunteer fireman of the family. About half an hour before I was to head out for home, a fire call came in. With a jump he dashed from the couch, nearly running out the door in just a t-shirt and a toque. Realizing it was likely too cold out for just this attire, he ran back up the stairs for a sweater….and I managed to get a big, BIG squeeze from him before he raced to the fire hall.
Just to see him jump into action. The seriousness of it. The dedication of it. To hear him over the radio communicating to his fellow volunteer firemen. I loved every moment of it. It brings a smile even as I write it out.
I’m proud of him for finding this passion. This wasn’t a dream of his, but one that found him. He took a leap of faith and now he’s a very important person in the community in which he lives and protects. Beautiful.
Moments sitting back and watching and admiring.
Moments of pride.
No comments:
Post a Comment