Today was a day filled with adventures with friends I haven’t seen in far too long. From sampling great foods (pumpkin bread, curry squash soup, and carbonara pasta), to swimming lessons, short family visits, dropping of surprise food, a bazaar, a walk in the woods while playing “eye spy” to movie time post dinner. It was a busy, but relaxing day filled with many moments to smile and share.
But the best moment of my day was when I wasn’t even awake yet. Whispers…then I caught the sound of my name. Once, twice….and a third that made me curious and open my eyes.
I couldn’t resist, tired as I was. I made my way out of bed and to the voices I was excited to see my youngest hostess. Now 6, she is a pure bundle of joy. I turned the corner to see her beautiful smile and a note upon her chalkboard easel. She was in the middle of spelling my name upon the chalkboard. ”Good Morning Jennifer. We are so happy you could come.” Was the message upon the chalkboard. Those warm words were quickly followed with a big ‘ol hug from her too.
Yes, that was a great way to start my day.
Moments of whispers.
Moments of surprise and hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment