Tonight was the Metric concert. I’ve been looking forward to this concert for some time for a couple of reasons. One, they are a great band and two - it was an opportunity to catch up with my BFF who has been insanely busy mitigating much change in her life. Fighting a cold and tired, she hauled out for the evening’s festivities. That was a special feeling in its own right.
After a delightful dinner with cocktails and wine at E11ven, we made our way through the definite winter chill to the ACC. We quickly found our seats and were introduced to the couple just next to us. Little did we know that this was NOT a good thing.
This 40-something couple was very drunk! Unfortunately the guy was incredibly obnoxious as well and in everyone’s space around us. Because of this, a group of ladies just behind us were also drawn into the drama as we waited for the concert to begin.
I had hoped that once the concert began they’d settle down into the music and the performance. Sadly, this was not the case. Further, my poor BFF was right beside them. She was bumped and pushed and annoyed to no end by the male drunkard.
I too was distracted by this couple’s actions, for I was worried that my friend, fighting a cold, was really not enjoying herself. I even offered to switch seats to help. It was one of these times where I looked over to make sure that things were going okay when I noticed that the lady directly behind the couple was leaned over and talking sternly to them. YES! She was giving them shit for intruding into my BFF’s space. That was an awesome moment. Having a complete stranger look out for us.
I mentioned this stranger support to my BFF. She said that it was like the 4th time this particular lady had done just that. Oh my. I was doubly impressed. This last time seemed to do the trick though as the drunken couple did seem to keep their distance from that point onward.
In the end, it was a great concert that we were unable to fully enjoy because of this distraction. The woman of the drunken couple actually vomited at one point. Yup. Forty year old party animals. So strange and so unfortunate.
And yet, I smile at the thought that we had a complete stranger watching and helping out from behind.
Moments of distractions.
Moments to thank strangers.
No comments:
Post a Comment