Anyone who knows me knows that I love Jack Skellington. Perhaps it’s not so much Jack himself, but the ideal behind finding the magic around you. In Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack is bored with his humdrum, repetitive life and goes on a mission to take over Christmas. Along the way, Jack learns a lot about himself and those around him. For me, it’s about my favourite holiday (Halloween) and one of my favourite producers (Tim Burton) and the amazing stop motion. And Jack, well, Jack’s hard not to love. He’s scary and he’s sweet all at the same time.
Today, I saw a lady walking with a black bag over her shoulder. And on it was a white Jack smile. No more, no less. For those untrained eyes, they may not know what they are looking at, but for me, it brought a HUGE smile. Jack smiling out at the world. Kinda like this one:

I like unexpected surprises like that.
Moments of surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment