Being my four hundredth entry, I thought I should kick it up a notch. And today had a couple of moments that were relevant to a share in a milestone blog post.
Today was an incredibly busy day (yes I know, you are getting used to this by now!). But today was one of those days where I felt that sense of control slipping. Where the mass of “To Do’s” were going to swallow me up. And yet, I managed to take moments to breathe through the rising panic. I organized, prioritized and set off to tackle them one by one.
That’s a big deal for me. And as I sit here now, post-reading for my class tomorrow night, I don’t feel overwhelmed or out of control. I feel like I’ve done what I can given the tools and resources I have. Everything will work out because I do have control over that with my words and my time management. One way or another, things will get done.
A second big thing today happened, my BFF had a particularly challenging day. So much so that the news she received may be life altering for her. I tried to send her as much love and light as I could with my given time today, but it serves as a reminder of just how precious our time is, how important it is to monitor our health and invest in self above all else. (I know most of us are terrible at that!) It also brought to the forefront just how important my BFF (actually all my friends, but in this case my BFF specifically) and how important it is to share words of encouragement and love to help them through dark times.
And finally a very small moment that warmed my heart today. Today, my girlfriend from work and I, let’s call her Arizona, went to grab a coffee together today. In all honesty, we’ve rarely done this in the past because our offices were in two separate buildings only weeks ago. But this morning we went together. That in itself was a lovely moment, but there is one, smaller, and more meaningful moment to me.
Arizona & I picked up coffees for a few people in the office, one of which was destined for an amazingly creative and loving receptionist. Having been with our company for close to 20 years, she has had some serious health battles. But, she is a fighter and a lover and everyone very much adores her.
Today, we surprised her with a coffee. The genuine surprise and gratitude did not go unnoticed. Truly, this is why she is loved so. She is not shy with her sharing of love and light. Her reaction brought not only a smile to Arizona and me, but her words warmed my heart and that inspired me through the early challenges of my day. Karma? Maybe. Either way, I was happy to share a small token of love and appreciation with her.
Moments quietly appreciating the big steps taken and the significant importance of people.
Moments with enthusiastic appreciation of the small things.
No comments:
Post a Comment