Friday, May 3, 2013

Moments D375: New Neighbourhood Spots

I’ve lived in my neighbourhood for a year and three months. I really haven’t taken a lot of time to explore my new area. I’m not entirely sure why I haven’t ventured out. A part of it would likely be that I spent a lot of time last summer on the beach playing volleyball or on the field playing baseball. There really weren’t many nights that I was home or weekends where I could lazily walk around.

But tonight, a friend and I decided to check out one of the neighbourhood restaurants. So small that it doesn’t have its own website. We were delightfully surprised by Melange. The service was incredibly friendly. The food was delightful. It was obvious that they used fresh, quality ingredients. The chef popped out to make sure that our appetizers were good. He popped out again to check on our mains.

It’s always a lovely surprise when you try a new restaurant that doesn’t look so amazing and it turns out to be just that: AMAZING.

I’ll definitely be back to Melange and I look forward to telling everyone I know just how incredible it was. It also reminds me to get out there and explore my “hood” a little more this coming summer!

Moments taking a risk.

Moments of pleasant surprise and tasty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment