Thursday, May 2, 2013

Moments D374: Saved Coffee

Today was an incredible day. It was jam packed with productivity, information, and weather graced us with our first 25 degree, full of sunshine day. AND top all that off with my volleyball team winning the first round of playoffs to hold on to first place for the season. Next week, we’ll take it all! But my special moment happened early this morning.

I didn’t sleep well last night. I woke mid-night and had a hard time falling back to sleep. I re-set my alarm knowing that I’d have to skip my morning workout with the lack of sleep (for the second night in a row!)…..

When I woke, I didn’t feel rushed, and yet I was buzzing around quickly to get off to work quickly. Time seemed to be moving slowly and I was moving quickly. Given my lack of sleep, that’s a good way to start the day.

And then my moment happened. I was out the door, heading to the car with many bags (volleyball gear, lunch, purse) and my coffee travel mug in hand. I quickly realized I didn’t have enough hands to open my passenger door. I mindfully put my travel mug on the roof of my car, thinking to myself “Do not forget your coffee!”. I fussed with my bags, placing everything just so and then I climbed into the car.

As I started the car an adorable elderly gentlemen quickened his very slow pace to reach me before I pulled away. He was pointing, of course, at my roof. I had a good laugh at myself, pulled up my parking brake and jumped out of the car. As I opened my door, the lovely gentleman said “You don’t want to lose your coffee - glad we could save it.” I laughed and agreed quite heartily. I thanked him and we parted ways.

I giggle to myself for being so “mindful” of and then promptly forgetting my coffee.

A good, silly moment and apparently a good way to start the day.

Moments appreciating the kindness of a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment