Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moments D401: No drowning Allowed

Today I want to recognize and celebrate my friends once again. I am such a fortunate soul to have such beautiful caring people in my life.

Here’s the scenario, perhaps you’ve been there before. The feeling that you might drown in the intensity of a situation. This could be extremely joyous feelings, or extremely overwhelming dark feelings. Sometimes just acknowledging that you have the feelings can be overwhelming. What do we tend to do? Ignore. Distract. Deny.

But sometimes, it catches up with you. You are no longer able to deny, ignore or even distract yourself from the flood coming.

Having shared this foreboding with my Bestie in the North, she had a simple insightful premise. (She’s so smart that one!) My friends are strong. They won’t let me drown. I can trust in my friends. Even my newest one. Even the ones that I haven’t spent a lot of face time with.

I kinda loved that insight.

Not only does it remind me of why I love my Bestie so much, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have such beautiful, supportive souls in my life.

Bring on the flood. I am surrounded by support.

Moments of worry and concern melting away.

Moments loving my friends that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment