Today I was in the office early with the expectation that I’d get out on time, or maybe even a little early to head back to the hospital to visit with Dad. I, as always, ended up working later than anticipated without even noticing the time. When I did notice the time, I literally stopped in my current task (which I would normally wrap up) and locked my computer up for the night. I popped over to my colleague’s office and told him that I was heading out. It was met with a quizzical look as that is not typical of me. After explaining that I was not going to miss seeing my Dad his first day post-operation, he completely understood.
The moment that brought a tear to my eye was walking into Dad`s hospital room and seeing the smile light his face and that sparkle twinkling in his eyes again. With a hug and a kiss, any guilt I had for leaving work dissipated.
I spent the rest of visiting hours with him (and Mom) sharing stories and helping him to stand. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Nothing is more important than being there for those you love.
Moments of clarification.
Moments better understanding priorities.
No comments:
Post a Comment