Monday, May 27, 2013

Moments D399: Consulting

Today’s moment is about me becoming a consultant. I know, right? It’s kind of surprising. And yet, it has officially happened.

To be honest, today wasn’t really my first day of being a consultant (and no, I’m not being cheeky about my ability to assist others in life; being a flashlight of sorts or course). Officially my first day that would have been a couple days ago when I signed a non-disclosure agreement and had my first business discussion with an old volleyball team mate of mine. But that being said, today was the day that I was introduced to the rest (well, most of..) of the team. I was asked to share “me” with the team and that was kind of exciting. This first test of introducing myself to the team went really well. Admittedly, I wasn’t quite ready for that request from the new business owner, however that being said I think I did thank of job of doing so. And, if I might take a moment to ring my own bell, I think I sounded pretty good. I managed to surprised myself while I was speaking about my relationship to the business owner, my history and experience and of course my accomplishments and my offerings to this start-up company team. My many years of working in an office, from my basic organizational and admin skills to my innate ability to build relationships with a marketing eye has finally paid off. I realize now that I have some serious tools to offer a start-up company. That being said, I must admit, I’m a still a little nervous! I hope I’ll be a worthwhile investment for this team.

At this point in time I can’t really share what type of new opportunity I am consulting for, but I can say that it is rather exciting and the creator of this company is vibrant, excited, full of energy, and definitely full of motivation to succeed there’s certainly no no better combination than those qualities.

Today’s moment is about celebrating my tools and insights to offer within the marketing and sales segment of the world of business..

Moments to reflect upon self and ones ability to contribute.

Moments feeling part of a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment