Monday, May 20, 2013

Moments D392: Unbashful Love

Today was a crazy day. Last night we heard that there was a fire in our office building. We knew that the fire department had broken one of our office windows, but we didn’t know much else.

So, when I woke today, I had a delightful conversation with my girl in the North Country and then worked out for 90 minutes. I then signed up for Tough Mudder because, well, why not? My friend wants to be reborn and shed his skin. I think I could use a little of that therapy!

And then I got the call: Head to the office, salvage what you can. So no breakfast, no lunch, barely out of the shower and I rushed down to the office.

The office was a disaster area. Much was waterlogged, but we were able to save and move out many of our computers and printers. It was a day spent moving stuff from our office to a makeshift office elsewhere. And with only three weeks before our big tradeshow, it’s going to be interesting.

And while being in the middle of a big fire scene was rather interesting (the smoke damage, the campfire smell on everything, the broken windows, the teamwork to get everything moved out and set up elsewhere etc.) it wasn’t my moment of the day. Though I suppose I can check it off my bucket list!


My moment of the day was actually as I was driving home from the office. As I waited at one of the stop lights, there was a couple standing, arm and arm facing one another. He was gently stroking his partner’s face and then he tenderly kissed him. It was such a beautiful moment, especially given that only moments earlier a friend and I had been discussing how much hate still exists in the world for people who are different than the so-called norm. Very apropos.

So today’s moment celebrates unbashful love. Here’s to our right as human beings to love whomever we want to.

Moments of surprise followed by happiness.

Moments recognizing how far we've come and how far we have yet to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment