Monday, May 6, 2013

Moments D378: Water gun fight

Today was another glorious spring day. Warm and sunny. I even managed to get out of the office today for lunch and to enjoy some of that gloriousness!

But today’s moment is a silly one. A moment that was quick to bring a smile to my face and many childhood memories flooding back. It happened on my way to the dentist this evening - a route I don’t normally take after work.

It was just past rush hour which means traffic wasn’t at a standstill and the moment was fleeting. It happened very quickly and I realize now as I share my words, that it might have been missed completely had I not been paying attention.

As I approached Riverdale I could see two boys running around in their front yard. As I came closer, they had water guns in hand and they were yelling and laughing and running around. It was incredibly fun to watch. And, as I passed by, that moment flooded me with memories of my own brother and I playing with water guns in the yard. The laughter, the running, getting soaked because eventually one of us would go and get the hose. Be damned the little toy gun!

I love those moments.

Moments to enjoy other’s joy.

Moments reminding you of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment