Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Moments D99: Reflection

Originally I had another simple blog posting to share a special moment from today. I realized, however, after starting the title for the blog, that today is a momentous moment. (yes - momentous!) I’ve been blogging for 99 days straight now. (Give or take the pauses over weekends I am without a connection to the online world.)

It’s been an interesting process to find a special moment on each day. Not every day has an obvious choice. Not every day has an easy subject matter to share a special moment about. Some of my posts have been controversial. Some have had depth and peered into my soul and others have been simply silly. Many have offered either light and inspiration to others or words of comfort and support.

For me, it has been a process of determining what is most important to me on any given day. For on the best of days, I have many smiles and special moments with the people I surround myself with. On the darkest of days, the same applies in that there are really only specific special moments that can make me smile and shine as I should be.

After being in a cave (of my own making) for many years, it’s been an enlightening process. Who am I? What is it that I seek in life? Who in my life brings me joy, support and love in my darkest moments. Who, on the flip side, has faltered.

Over the 99 days of blogging, my quest for self has evolved and shifted. Where it was once about a simple moment, I felt the need to dig deeper and find out why that moment was important to share. It’s beyond the moment itself and why the moment inspires. During these past three plus months, the blog has also inspired many a conversation with my closest friends, co-workers, acquaintances, family and near strangers. Yes it has been interesting.

So tonight, as I turn over to D100, I ask you to reflect. Consider what it is in YOUR life that gives YOU the deepest pleasure in all that you do and all that you encounter. It’s not easy to strip away the material, the expectations and the emotional side of life to see this deep into your soul, but I challenge you to do it none-the-less. Dig deeper. Reflect upon why. Seek and find a clearer sense of self as I believe we should all keep looking and examining self. All too often we become complacent even when we are not fully satisfied. Dig deeper. You owe it to yourself.

Moments of reflection.

Moments of respecting opinions & insights.

Moments of sitting with self.

No comments:

Post a Comment