Sometimes one must admit when they’ve gone too far or done too much.
That was me today. Yesterday was an amazing day followed by a challenging evening. This made today a day of rest and sleep.
I had plans for today. Beach volleyball. I didn’t make it. Was I disappointed? Sure, but when I awoke today (quite late for me), I was already late for the beach crew. I had 5 texts waiting for me. I quickly texted our coordinator of pickup and then rolled back over to sleep.
Being sunburnt and physically tired from yesterday’s activities I didn’t have much energy left for much else.
In the end, being burnt (out) was a good thing. It forced me to take a day “off” and slow down for a bit. It was good. Do I feel badly that I didn’t accomplish anything. You bet I do, but some part of me feels deliciously happy that I was unplugged and away from it all for a day. I had time to reflect upon my life, my plans and also to just do nothing.
Moments to nap.
Moments to pause & ponder.
No comments:
Post a Comment