Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moments D128: New Friends (Teamwork2)

Today is another day of endings. It’s the end of baseball season for me. And while our baseball team didn’t fair very well in the standings, we DID make a great team.

Today I smile for the new friends I’ve made. The shared laughter, bruises and skinned legs. I smile for the silliness and for the opportunity to revisit a sport I haven’t played in 20 years. It was a summer of exploration, of reconnecting with myself and my baseball team brought me a little closer to me again. I can’t begin to express the gratitude I have for this team of men & women.

I’ve re-learned the game of baseball; from second base, to outfield, to mid-field to third and short stop. I’ve found my inner ball player again; the need to swing hard and run fast; the need to chase balls down and throw for the double play. (like tonight’s). Great new memories. Great new friends.

AND - if you want a giggle, read this summary of our Monday night subbing in last week. TOO much fun.

Moments of reflection.

Moments with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment