Today I slept in as I haven’t in a very long time, but I suppose that could be because I didn’t crawl into bed until 6am! I guess it’s all relative, isn’t it? I still only had 5.5 hours of sleep!
The afternoon filled in with lazy laughs with my friends (new & old) as we commiserated over the headaches, the dishes and the bottles. As the day wore on and the group thinned out it was just my dearest friend and I. The lighthearted laughter turned to serious conversation.
Why? Well, we’ve both had our share of intense growth moments this past 6-9 months. With a milestone birthday, it’s easy to fall into reflection of the past year, of friends who have moved on, lovers who have moved on (or struggled with), career choices and lifestyle choices. Deep conversations. Every soul needs those moments to explore and learn about self.
Later that evening, the theme of deep conversation continued with another special person in my life. It’s amazing how deep one can get in a time of pure reflection of self. It’s like the clouds part and the sun shines upon issues/people/situations that are of the utmost importance to you. All other concerns fall by the wayside.
So today’s moment? A celebration of laughter and deep conversations.
#moments #friends #Girlfriends #Dig Deeper #soul #laughter
No comments:
Post a Comment