High-res →
This morning I had to stop and admire the second round of roses on a dying rose bush outside my apartment. (Actually, it’s ONE single rose on the bush this time around.)
It’s not a pretty bush. It is actually pretty gnarly and dried up looking. Honestly, I was surprised that it was in bloom again. (This is the second set of roses this season!) I’m surprised that without anyone taking care of it, it was able to find enough energy to create such a beautiful flower.
This got me to thinking about a parallel into life. It’s not unlike the lives around me. There are people (myself included) that have gone through phases of feeling gnarly (not in a good way) and dried up. But there is always something deep down inside pushing us to share the beauty within. It’s not always easy (especially when you have been ignored and uncared for), but it ALWAYS feels so wonderful to share the beauty. Even if it is but a single flower.
Moments with stopping to appreciate the flowers.
Moments to reflect.

No comments:
Post a Comment