Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moments D117: Smoking the ball

Today was day two of the tournament, and the best moment, by far, was the moment where I smoked the ball past the left fielder.

It was late in our first game. We were losing, but we were keeping up the fight. I was bound and determined NOT to swing at the first pitch (something I struggle to avoid as I’m eager to hit the ball!). I found my patience for this “at bat”. I let the first pitch go. It was a ball. (phew). I thought to myself, “okay, let’s do that again. I don’t need to rush this.” and I let the second pitch go. It was a strike. Disappointed that I had let that go, I was eager, but aware when the third pitch came my way.

It was a perfect pitch with an arc that met my hard swung bat with quite a bit of force. It was truly, the best connection I’ve had all season, and the proof was in its flight. It went right over the left fielder’s head. He wasn’t even close even though he did give it a good run. It was an easy double for me and I batted in a run. Yes a very, VERY good moment for me today.

The poor left fielder was teased for the rest of the game by his female teammates and I received congrats from a bunch of them for “smoking the ball” past him. Even on different teams, us gals stick together!

Moments of girl power.

Moments of success.

Moments to glow and bask in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment