Thursday, August 9, 2012

Moments D107: Baseball in the Rain

Today’s bigger, deeper soul moment was about love & light. But there was also a smaller, yet also quite meaningful moment that happened today as well that I feel must be shared.

Today it rained most of the day. It wasn’t a pretty day, but it was still one filled with love. After work I had an early baseball game. It was still raining when I left the office for the field. I simply was NOT looking forward to playing in the rain. (We are only cancelled out if there is thunder and lightening.) I might even admit I was a bit grumpy about it, but being a team player, I wasn’t about to bail.

And then, something magical happened. Upon arrival at the field I was greeted by two smiling team mates. We warmed up in the rain. I got a soaker. We laughed. I was made fun of. We laughed some more.

And soon I forgot about the fact the rain. It was a drizzle for most of our game, but it turned out to be fun and silly….

It was a great game. Not only because we won, but because our team had much fun together. It was the first time during our season where I felt more me than ever. I was quirky and silly. I cheered when I would have otherwise felt to shy to do so.

Moments of revelation.

Moments of camaraderie.

Moments of friends.

Moments of silliness and laughter. (but no mud as expected!)

No comments:

Post a Comment