Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Moments D660: It's done. Phew.

Another midterm under my belt.  I survived it.  It wasn't pretty, but I wasn't really expecting it to be.  The first part wasn't as hard as I expected.  The last part, sadly, was harder than I expected.  Of course, that last question was worth the most on this test.

Was I disappointed in my performance?  Yes.  I ran out of time.  I know, with more time, I would have offered up a better tax report for that final question.  I simply ran out of time.  I wasn't fast enough in applying the knowledge I had in my brain ad it's going to cost me dearly.

But, as disappointed as I was, I found myself shaking it off quicker than ever.  I was very much looking forward to being home and curling up with EQ on the couch for a couple of hours before heading to bed.  I know how hard the past few days have been on him, on me and on us.

And so, I stopped on my way home and picked up dinner for the two of us.  When I arrived home, I could tell that his bad day had gotten the best of him too.  With both of us licking wounds, we ate in a content silence as we watched a couple of Ted Talks.

At one point, I asked him if he wanted to talk about it.  He said no.

At another point in time, he asked me if I wanted to talk about my midterm.  I declined.

And shortly after that, we decided to end this day, crawl in bed and pull the covers over our head.

Phew.  It's done.  This day is finally over.  Now for sleep and to begin anew tomorrow with a refreshed view on how to tackle the next half of this semester.

Moments struggling with the day's events.

Moments realizing it's not so bad and after a good night's sleep, it will barely be a blip on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment