Today a snow storm passed through Toronto. It wasn't a blizzard, but a lot of snow dropped this morning. Driving was slow. TTC was slower. Sidewalks were not yet cleared. Many complained. Most grumbled.
For me, I smiled. I love a pretty snowfall and today's snowfall was big fluffy flakes. A lot of them. It was like being inside a snow globe.
Sure, the drive to work was slow. But sometimes slow is better. During the slow drive, I had time to appreciate the snow dusting the barren trees, the kids all bundled up and tromping through the snow-filled sidewalks and the white sparkly blanket being laid over the city. It was simply beautiful.

And then the best part of my day, today's moment, happened. I received an email from my professor: class was cancelled tonight!
WOOT! Snow day! I haven't had a snow day in years!
So, instead of making my way to class after work, I made my way home. I turned off my work/school brain and focused on this bonus time with my love. It was just the two of us. Picking up groceries, making dinner enjoying a movie and having a very deep conversation. All moments that I wouldn't have had, had there not been a snow day.
Grateful for the snow.For its beauty.
For the forced slowdown.
For the time gained with my love.
Moments deeply enjoying winter.
Moments deeply appreciating bonus quality time because of winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment