Some days it just happens. I project. I don't mean to. It just happens. It happens when I'm too busy to slow down enough to see what energy I'm sharing with the world around me.
Today was one of those days. I projected my stress outward. It's not that I said anything about it, no, it was really just my quick responses, lacking any depth or energy to them. Today, I had much on my "to do" list and I didn't want any of it to carry over to tomorrow. (I failed on that point - that's ambition for you!)
Near the end of the day Chica came around to my desk and without saying anything gave me a big 'ol hug from behind as I continued to work away on a document on my computer. At that point, I had to laugh and turned to thank her.
She said she knew I needed it. And that was it. She was off for the day and gone.
She was right. Her small action made me pause and consider all that I was stressing over. It will still be there tomorrow.
What a wonderful work moment today.
Moments being unaware of what you are projecting.
Moments being quickly brought back into awareness, with a needed hug.
No comments:
Post a Comment