Friday, February 7, 2014

Moments D655: Debatable

I've never been good at debates.  Some of those closest to me may disagree.  Come to think of it, they may even vehemently disagree with that point.

So let me clarify.  Organized debates.  Debates with high stakes, be it high emotion, high passion, or simply leading towards an important outcome.  Nerves would get the best of me.

Tonight, I watch part of the Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate.  Science vs. Genesis.  Wow.  Talk about high stakes.

It was fascinating to watch to diametrically opposed positions walk through their points to support their positions.  It was even more fascinating to watch them counter-point their opponents points.

I surprised myself watching this debate.  First and foremost, I found myself open minded enough to really listen and pay attention to Ken Ham's points.  Secondly, I actually found myself giving a few nods to Ken Ham's points than I had ever expected.  He was an eloquent speaker and though he sounded defensive more often than not, he had a true path.

Bill Nye was brilliant.  In front of a room of opponents to his view, he walked through his science of life against the most extraordinary claims made by Ken Ham's model of life.

It's an incredible debate.  Watch it.  Talk about it.  Grow from it.

Moments knowing you've grown by experiencing something new.

Moments knowing you should share this experience to help others to grow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment