Thursday, February 20, 2014

Moments D668: Proud Canadian

This evening I found myself with a little more time on my hands than I had expected.  We had a snow storm.  Actually, we had an freezing rain storm that, North of the city turned into a snow storm.  Typically  on Thursdays I play volleyball in Markham.  Not so tonight as I was convinced by BFF & EQ to no take the chance of a questionable drive there and back. 

So I stayed home.  Instead of making use of this found time for my school readings, I decided to catch up on the Olympics.  (I figured it was my sport night, I might as well catch up on the day's activities at the Olympics if I couldn't be playing volleyball.  That seemed pretty logical to me!)

Earlier today the Canadian women's hockey team had won their game - to bring home GOLD!  I realized as I read up on their game play, that I was one darn proud Canadian.  There were a few Canadian-Olympic feel good stories that brought a smile and a warm heart and downright awe.   I'm so very proud of Team Canada and so very proud to be able to say that I'm Canadian.    
Today, my moment is appreciating my country.  The hard fought games and moments at the Olympics.  Even thought I'm no elite athlete, I have a sense of how hard our athletes train just to compete in the Olympics.  This year, not only did we compete (and do well), we also did so with kindness.  How very Canadian of us.

There are only a few days left in they Olympics, but I am looking forward to cheering Team Canada on to the very end.

Moments catching up on the Olympics.

Moments realizing just how fortunate and how appreciative I am to be Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment