Unfortunately, for me, my doctor is always running behind schedule. It's not just once in awhile. It's every single time I go to visit her. I wouldn't mind so much if it were merely 5-10, even 15 minutes each time. Sadly, the truth is that she is typically an hour late - or more. It's disrespectful of my time to always be so late.
Even so, she's still my doctor. I know, I know. I should just find a new MD and believe me, I've thought about it, but it's been a low priority given that I really only see her once, maybe twice a year.
Today was a check-up. All I needed was blood work done, so, in essence a requisition form for the lab. I'd see my doctor for maybe 5 minutes for it.
And I waited for just over an hour.
Normally I would have been quite tweaked by the end of my waiting time. Today was a different story. Today I had EQ with me as he's back in town! Our hour in the waiting room was a nice mid-day treat. Bonus time.
Instead of feeling like I had had time stolen from me, I now felt like I had stumbled across bonus time with my love. Perfect really considering he came back to Toronto early. Bonus time!
We enjoyed every extra minute we had together today because of my tardy, ill-organized, overbooked doctor. I'm not complaining. Instead, I'm celebrating that moment.
Moments seeing with a different perspective.
Moments appreciating bonus time.
Today was a check-up. All I needed was blood work done, so, in essence a requisition form for the lab. I'd see my doctor for maybe 5 minutes for it.
And I waited for just over an hour.
Normally I would have been quite tweaked by the end of my waiting time. Today was a different story. Today I had EQ with me as he's back in town! Our hour in the waiting room was a nice mid-day treat. Bonus time.
Instead of feeling like I had had time stolen from me, I now felt like I had stumbled across bonus time with my love. Perfect really considering he came back to Toronto early. Bonus time!
We enjoyed every extra minute we had together today because of my tardy, ill-organized, overbooked doctor. I'm not complaining. Instead, I'm celebrating that moment.
Moments seeing with a different perspective.
Moments appreciating bonus time.
No comments:
Post a Comment