Tonight after work I headed to Newmarket to have a girls' night with my BFF. It's been far too long since we've had such an opportunity. We had a delightful time with "imported" Chino Locos, wine and delightful conversations. (Yes, that's right, I brought dinner with me from Toronto to Newmarket. And yes, the burritos were still warm when I arrived at BFF's!)
But the best moment of the evening was when I remembered that I had something for BFF. I dug it out of my purse and gave it to her. She laughed and laughed. And I smiled. It was that perfect moment of knowing you've brightened someone's day a wee bit more than they had expected. Bangarang!
It wasn't anything big, but it was meaningful:
It's a note pad with monkeys as a theme. I know you are wondering why this might have brought such smiles. I can't really share the "inside-scoop" to that, but let's leave it as this: monkeys are an "us" thing and they are meaningful to us. I simpley couldn't not pick up the pads when I saw them while out shopping a few weeks back. One for BFF and one for me.
Why two? Well, because now every time I need a scrap piece of paper for one thing or another, I'll have a laugh. And so will my BFF when she goes to do the same. A gift that will keep on giving, to us both over the days to come.
Moments finding something simple and yet special.
Moments sharing the smile for many "pages" to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment