Today I spent the day with my best friend. We woke up late (I later than her...and later than I have in many, many moons. I guess I needed a sleep in!) and then we lounged around with our nachos for brunch. Yes. That's right. We each had our own plate of nachos for brunch. We sat, cross legged, facing each other on the couch as we ate our nachos.
It was in that moment that I felt my kindred spirit was sitting in front of me. We haven't seen each other in 6 months and yet, it's like we hadn't missed a step in time. We talk often, but it's not the same as sitting across from each other. And in that special moment we shared laughter, we shared tears and we shared the beauty of a fresh snowfall.
Later that day we shared a the company of a new friend and I could tell that he is a kindred spirit to my friend. I enjoyed watching the exchange of words and energy. And later just the two of us celebrated a Belated Christmas dinner. (Cranberry sauce and all).
It was a day filled with love and light washing away the darkness of difficult stories shared. A day of new hope. A day of reflection. A day with a kindred spirit.
Moments of understanding the importance of the person sitting in front of you.
Moments with deeper meaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment