Monday, January 14, 2013

Moments D264: Are you really home?

Today was a pretty uneventful day. Productive and quiet at work and home early after being dropped off by a friend as my own car was in the shop. (It was weird to know that I was without my car!)

I made myself dinner. I watched some TV while eating dinner, then I dove into my homework for the week. Huh. A very quiet night at home. No distractions. It was kinda nice.

And then, the phone rang. It was my Mom, or Dad, or likely both as they like to be on the phone together with me. I answered on the second ring. I said hello. There was a long pause and then my Dad said, “Really? Are you home? I thought I had the answering machine!” I'm not even certain if he was joking or not!

We had a good laugh. It was simple, but it was a nice moment. I kinda like being caught off guard like that. It’s not something I was expecting!

Moments with family.

Moments of surprise words.

No comments:

Post a Comment