Today was a slow start and not nearly as productive as I needed it to be (I’m sorry tomorrow, you are going to be a little more crammed now because of this!), but even so it was a good day and this evening ROCKED.
Literally!
My BFF and I went to see Soundgarden tonight at the Sound Academy. We were about to leave my place when she noted my footware and suggested that I go get my DOCs. Damn. I haven’t worn my DOCs in (ahem) over a decade. Hell, I thought to myself, why not. If not at a Soundgarden concert, when would I dust those maroon bad boys off? I smiled the entire time it took me to lace them up properly. The memories that flooded to me. Incredible really. I was 15 years younger all of a sudden!
It wasn’t long before we found ourselves in the Sound Academy. It’s a smaller venue and it was crammed with people tonight! I swear it was a sea of six-foot-something guys for I barely saw the stage for the entire concert! No matter, though as the SOUND at this venue is amazing and Soundgarden did not disappoint. Chris Cornell sounds incredible live as do his band mates. Such an incredible concert. Bravo.
So today’s moment, enjoying a blast from the past. Both my fun, well-worn, well-loved DOCs and one of my favourite bands from decades ago.
Easy to dance and sing up a storm with these guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment