Sunday, January 20, 2013

Moments D270: Piano Man

This afternoon I went to an old theatre that has recently been revived to see Skyfall. It’s a cute little theatre, not the mega big screens that we are all used to now, but being quaint and older seemed to best fit a BOND movie.

The movie itself was good. Not awesome, not horrible. Still, I enjoyed it.

But the moment comes from after the movie as my girlfriend and I were leaving. There was a sitting area just off to the right of the theatres. In that area were bistro tables, chairs, and of all things an old stand up piano. Like the ones you would see in an old Western movie. Like this one: 


It reminded me of the one I used to play on as a child. Upon the piano was a sign: ”If you know how to play the piano, please feel free to play for a short time to entertain our guests”. How fortunate for us that there was a man playing for us when we left our show.

He was very good. He moved from one piece directly into another. He very much knew what he was doing and you could tell that he was very much into it. While I waited for my girlfriend returned from the loo, I sat and quietly soaked in the melodic sounds of piano floating in the air. It was a beautiful moment. I think I could have (perhaps I should have) sat there longer had my homework not been calling me.

Moments enjoying random acts of another’s art.

Moments where you close your eyes and you are whisked away to another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment