Today I was a cheerleader, not once, but twice. Each moment was important to another. However, that being said, each of moments were as unique from one another as it could possibly be.
The first moment: being there for a friend who experienced a traumatic death of a pet. It wasn’t about being a cheerleader in the common sense of it. But the similarity is there. It was about reminding him how much he loved his cat. How spoiled she was. I was there. I supported and I coaxed out the words and the emotion to help the grieving process. A solemn cheerleader perhaps, but positive, loving and supportive words shared with my grieving friend.
A then, at the end of the day, I found myself cheering on a playoff series of billiards. This time a true cheerleader with boisterous positive, loving and supportive words.
It was strange to note the similarities between the two moments, after all they are quite disparate from one another. And so today’s moment is about that realization. That one can be a cheerleader in many situations.
Moments to support a grieving friend.
Moments to support a group of friends in playoffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment