Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moments D252: Shared Horoscope

This morning I stopped in at my local Starbucks. I wasn’t in the best of moods given that my phone was destroyed, but I was looking forward to my morning venti americano.

The barista making my coffee chatted me up about post-holiday goals and resolutions. We agreed: resolutions always seem to fail. It’s more about setting realistic goals and working towards them.

And then, he pulled out a piece of paper from his wallet. It was his horoscope. It spoke about choosing paths. About deciding if the journey/path ahead was worth working for. Worth digging into. Or if it would be simply better to just sit on the couch and let the opportunity pass by. He then revealed that his horoscope was also mine.

Huh. How Timely. How incredibly special to have shared that moment with him. He didn’t seem particularly happy either about the New Year, but he did have hope because of the promise of opportunity, the promise of a journey. His attachment to those simple words gave me a moment of hope too. A moment where I believed that the journeys ahead will be different than those of the past year. *I* wasn’t going to sit on the couch and let them pass me by.

So I thank the barista for sharing his found horoscope. A moment that will stay with me throughout the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment