Today was an incredible day. After a 2hr drive in torrential rains (yes in the middle of winter!) I was finally on vacation. As I drove through the spectacular rain storm, I really thought things experience would be my moment. After all it was beautiful and, at times, frightening.
But this wasn't the moment of the day.
On our flight from Buffalo to Baltimore, we made a new friend with the lady in the window seat. She was lovely, insightful and overall quite pleasant to chat with. I thought her stories might be the moment of the day. But I was wrong.
When we were preparing to leave Baltimore for Florida the unexpected happened. One of the stewardesses introduced a soon-to-be-married couple. After the introduction, she asked us to listen up as the soon-to-be-groom had something to share with us about his bride-to-be. Three next thing I knew. .. the stewardess began to sing From This Moment. What an incredible voice she had too! I was thoroughly impressed. It brought a tear to my eye and a warmth to my heart. First because this stewardess sang the whole sing and did so with such passion. Secondly, because of the groom's request to share his feelings with us. Beautiful.
Then shortly after we were in the air, we watched the moon rise. How incredibly spectacular. As we banked away from its grande finale, I paused and just made a note to myself about how fortunate I was to have been able to experience these two magical moments back-to-back.
Today was about unexpected moments. I loved them all, but these most of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment