Today was my 11 year anniversary with the company I work for. It came and went without notice for those I work with. On the one hand, and really the more dominant one, I'm quite alright (perhaps all right) with the lack of attention. I would much rather work hard in the background without the spotlight on me. However, a small part of me was saddened that no one person realized my milestone; after all who doesn't like to be recognized for their loyalty and hard work.
No matter though. It was just another day like any day before it and I was happy to have the time to focus on finishing up my big proposal for tomorrow’s meeting.
My moment today came to me when I realized that today the end of my 11th year with my company. Eleven is a special number to some with a vibration that is slightly more amplified than others. Called a “Master Number” in Numerology 11 is the most intuitive of all numbers and it is associated with spiritual awareness. Eleven brings an understanding and knowledge beyond the grasp of rational thought. The energy from an 11 can be avant-garde, idealistic, visionary, and cultured. Extremes to be sure. According to this website: ”The 11 walks the edge between greatness and self-destruction. Its potential for growth, stability, and personal power lies in its acceptance of intuitive understanding, and of spiritual truths.”
Wow! While 11 is not my life path or my expression, the energy of 11 was a part of my life this past year on a career level and partially personally (after all who’s career doesn't affect them personally?). And believe me, with everything that I've been through this past year, I've felt the potential for growth and for self-destruction. It’s been a tireless pursuit and balancing act. And yet, every step of the way I've managed to dig deeper than I ever thought possible. Perhaps it’s because of the energy of the 11 with me through this past year.
So today was a moment to pause amoung the chaos around me personally and at work to note that it’s been 11 years. I've had 11 years in the making with this company. I was green when I started here and filled with ambition and drive. I'm a lot less green, but I'm happy to realize that I'm still filled with that ambition and drive. That makes me smile.
So today I quietly celebrate my milestone. One where I feel I've manage to stave off self-destruction and ride the wave of growth.
I pause and give thanks to my mentors, my co-workers and all of my (many) business contacts. Each and everyone of you have helped me to grow in my career and in my life. (And yes, having a “9” for a life path means that I can be overly compassionate. But I genuinely do appreciate all that have touched my life, for each moment, each interaction is an opportunity to learn and grow.)
Moments to reflect.
Moments to appreciate.
No comments:
Post a Comment