Today I had to take my 13 year old kitty to the vet. She hasn't been herself over the past two weeks. Eating and drinking have been minimized and while her behaviour hasn't changed (she’s still friendly and loving), I was starting to get worried about her!
I did do a little research before taking her into the vet. (for good or bad, I’m not sure!) Her symptoms were so common that she could have had anything from a common cold, to failing kidneys, to cancer! Needless to say, I was a little nervous about the appointment this morning. She’s my buddy after all!
Fortunately, the appointment went smoothly and quickly and for the most part, it was good news. She didn’t have something systemic affecting her appetite. Apparently what happened was that she chipped her canine and needs to have it extracted.
In the end, it’s a fix that means she’ll be a-okay and good until her next need of dental surgery (this is her 2nd round!) It’s a whopping $1300 between the blood work and the surgery, but hey, you do what you need to for the “kids” right? I’m just happy to hear that it isn’t super serious. I have antibiotics & pain meds for her for the weekend and I drop her off Monday morning for her surgery. Hopefully that all goes well!
So today’s moment was that moment I was washed with a sense of relief. I’m glad my buddy will be okay.
(And yes, I’ll let you know how it all goes on Monday!)
Moments with worry melting into relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment