After coffee, I shared some of my new music with my “niece” and enjoyed a homemade BELT. (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce & Tomato sandwich). It was fun to see which songs and artists were of interest to her and I knew her Mom was going to love the new P!nk Album “The Truth About Love”.
After breakfast we were enjoyed some time together. We had a chance to chat, watch some crazy show called “Oh Sit” (essentially musically chairs mashed together with an obstacle course for adults). Silly conversation and a crazy TV show. Perfect for a late Sunday morning!
And then, we were off for the afternoon. A few errands later, we were (all five of us) enjoying a drive in the country to enjoy the fall colours with the hopes of hiking the Bruce Trail before the expected rains came. As we worked our way to the Dekew Falls, it started to rain AND we ran into the Howell Pumpkin farm.
What a treat! There were pumpkins as far as the eye could see as we entered the driveway into the farm. Yellow, Orange, WHITE. Stunning colours against the grey dark sky.
Here’s one of the pictures I took:

Such amazing colours.
And then I saw the jack-o-laterns and I was reminded of how much I love this holiday and this season. Howell’s had some incredible jack-o-lanterns! Perhaps I will find time this year (or I should MAKE time this year!) to carve a jack-o-lantern again! Perhaps Halloween will come back to me.

AND I remembered how much I LOVE pumpkins! There were pumpkin donuts, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin sausages and more. I had the pleasure of trying both the donuts and the sausage. DELIGHTFUL! I am inspired to get a couple of pumpkins this year, not only for carving, but for baking and making my tasty cumin pumpkin soup.
So, today’s moment was spending good quality time with family I love dearly at a pumpkin farm. Where even standing in the cold drizzle, we managed to laugh and share our food with warmth in our hearts.
Moments with family.
Moments with pumpkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment