Thursday, October 18, 2012

Moments D176: Costumes

Today was decision day. Am I going to stay home and reflect upon my year or actually go out and enjoy my favourite holiday this year? Last year where I was depressed and sulking and had bombed my marriage with our years of issues weighing too heavily on me. Is it necessary to take this special day and reflect?

No. I think I’ve done more than enough of that over the past year. And sure, I may have spent a lot of the year keeping myself busy and NOT thinking about it, but there have been plenty of moments to pause and consider my path. And so, I committed to myself to get out there and enjoy my favourite holiday once again. Baby steps though. I won’t decorate, but I will visit Church street on Halloween.

So, today’s moment is brought to you by Value Village. What a fantastic Halloween section they had set up. Wigs, hats, costumes (new and gently used) and makeup. It was Halloween heaven. Easily an hour later of laughing and giggling and sharing ideas, I had not one but TWO costumes to choose from. SO. MUCH. FUN!

I ended up with a raccoon and an evil fairy outfit….and after my shop at Canuck Sport for new volleyball shoes before, I could possibly reorganized bits of clothing to pull off a roller derby gal! Yes, my creative juices were flowing! Both of the costumes I went home with are quite cute. I think the raccoon outfit will be warmer outside while walking Church street….BUT the wig I have for the fairy is quite fun and drawing me in….

Anyway, it was a big day for me and my moment was the realization that I don’t have to reflect; instead I can start to rebuild the meaning of that holiday FOR ME.

Moments to make a decision.

Moments of being free.

No comments:

Post a Comment