Okay. I know that sounds pretty grandiose, but let me tell you the story and then you see if it doesn’t perfectly fit!
Today is the day that Hurricane Sandy hits the Eastern seaboard. NYC felt her wrath earlier today. This evening Toronto is feeling it too. Winds are high, the rain is pelting sideways and in large gobs at times.
When I drove onto my street post-volleyball, it was obvious that the electricity was out. My street was blacker than black. (But I was fortunate for parking out front….thank you parking fairies!)
I strategically collected my bags and made sure I had my key in hand before dashing to the front door in the pelting rain. No fumbling and in the door in thirty seconds. Brilliant. In the pitch black.
But, this really isn’t a problem for me (other than studying this evening without my laptop). Why? I play this game with myself sometimes. I love to walk around in the dark and make my way around the furniture and just FEEL a room. I’ve done it since I can remember. This is just another opportunity for me to play this game with myself.
But, as I turn to lock the door behind me the lights magically turn on. There’s no getting away from my study night it seems.
Best smile of the day by far. YES! LET THERE BE LIGHT! (Don’t you agree?)
Moments that make me wonder.
Moments to get back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment